1. UNFORTUNATE (ADJECTIVE): (खेदजनक): unlucky
Synonyms: hapless, down on one's luck
There had been an unfortunate accident that took place recently.
2. SENTIMENTAL (ADJECTIVE): (भावुक): nostalgic
Synonyms: tender, emotional
She felt a sentimental attachment to the place creep over her.
3. CATASTROPHE (NOUN): (आपदा): disaster
Synonyms: calamity, cataclysm
The world is facing an environmental catastrophe.
4. RELIABLE (ADJECTIVE): (विश्वसनीय): dependable
Synonyms: good, well founded
There is no reliable source of information these days.
5. INITIALLY (ADVERB): (शुरू में): at first
Synonyms: to begin with, to start with
Initially, he thought the new concept was nonsense.
6. EFFICACIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (प्रभावोत्पादक): effective
Synonyms: successful, effectual
The treatment was quite efficacious.
7. DEMOLISH (VERB): (धूल में मिलाना): destroy
Synonyms: ruin, wreck
I looked forward keenly to demolishing my opponent.
8. CONTINUANCE (NOUN): (निरंतरता): continuation
Synonyms: carrying on, prolongation
His interests encouraged him to favour the continuance of war.
9. IMPAIR (VERB): (बिगाड़ना): damage
Synonyms: harm, diminish
A noisy job could impair my hearing.
10. VARIATION (NOUN): (विविधता): difference
Synonyms: dissimilarity, disparity
There are regional variations in house prices.