1. MANIFOLD (ADJECTIVE): (अनेक): many
Synonyms: numerous, multiple
The implications of the decision were manifold.
2. DISPUTE (NOUN): (विवाद): debate
Synonyms: discussion, disputation
A territorial dispute was held between the two countries.
3. MORATORIUM (NOUN): (रोक): embargo
Synonyms: ban, prohibition
A moratorium was decided on the use of drift nets.
4. PROMULGATE (VERB): (घोषणा करना): publicize
Synonyms: spread, communicate
These objectives have to be promulgated within the organization.
5. DIVERSE (ADJECTIVE): (विविध): various
Synonyms: many, sundry
India has a huge culturally diverse population.
6. EMBARK (VERB): (शुरू करना): begin
Synonyms: start, commence
She embarked on a new career.
7. MASSIVE (ADJECTIVE): (विशाल): huge
Synonyms: enormous, gigantic
I saw a massive rampart of stone.
8. UNDERSCORE (VERB): (बल देना): highlight
Synonyms: underline, play up
Antonyms: play down
The report underscored the issues.
9. SUCCUMB (VERB): (झुक जाना): yield
Synonyms: give in, give way
We cannot merely give up and succumb to despair.
10. HIKE (VERB): (वृद्धि होना): increase
Synonyms: raise up, put up
The government hiked up the price of milk by 40 per cent.