1. APPEASE (VERB): (तुष्ट करना): pacify
Synonyms: conciliate, placate
Antonyms: provoke, inflame
Amendments have been added to appease local pressure groups.
2. FURNISH (VERB): (प्रदान करना): provide
Synonyms: supply, equip
Fish furnish an important source of protein.
3. TRANSIT (NOUN): (पारवहन):
Synonyms: transport, transportation
Antonyms: hold, stagnation
A painting was damaged in transit.
4. REFRAIN (VERB): (बचना):
Synonyms: desist, hold back
Antonyms: indulge, venture
She refrained from comment.
Synonyms: complete, thorough
Antonyms: partial, selective
He showed me a comprehensive collection of photographs.
6. SPURT (VERB): (उछलना): shoot
Synonyms: squirt, spray
He cut his finger, and blood spurted over the sliced potatoes.
7. BRUNT (ADJECTIVE): (आघात): impact
Synonyms: force, shock
Antonyms: resistance, endurance
Education will bear the brunt of the cuts.
8. STULTIFY (VERB): (उबा देना): bore
Synonyms: stupefy weary
Antonyms: interest, entertain
She is too polite to bore us with anecdotes.
9. HOARD (VERB): (संचय करना): store
Synonyms: cache, stockpile
He came back to rescue his little hoard of gold.
10. CONJECTURE (NOUN): (अनुमान): speculation
Synonyms: guess surmise
Conjectures about the newcomer were many and varied.