1. EFFICACY (NOUN): (प्रभावकारिता): effectiveness
Synonyms: success, potency
There is little information on the efficacy of this treatment.
2. EVADE (VERB): (बचना): elude
Synonyms: avoid, dodge
His friends helped him to evade capture for a time.
3. RESUMPTION (NOUN): (पुनरारंभ): restart
Synonyms: restarting, reopening
The rain has stopped, but we're still waiting for the resumption of the game.
4. RETROSPECTIVE (ADJECTIVE): (पूर्वप्रभावी): backdated
Our survey was meant to be retrospective in all aspects.
5. GRASP (VERB): (लाभ उठाना): take advantage of
Synonyms: act on, seize
Many companies grasped the opportunity to expand.
6. WRECK (VERB): (खराब करना): ruin
Synonyms: spoil, disrupt
An eye injury wrecked his chances of a professional career.
7. NETTLE (VERB): (खिजाना): irritate
Synonyms: annoy, irk
Jessica nettled and said, “I am leaving”.
8. HAVOC (NOUN): (विनाश): devastation
Synonyms: destruction, damage
The hurricane caused havoc in Bengal.
9. BOOST (VERB): (बढावा देना): improve
Synonyms: raise, uplift
A lot of measures were taken to boost tourism.
10. WOE (NOUN): (दुःख): misery
Synonyms: sorrow, distress
The tale full of woe continued.