1. EVACUATE (VERB): (ख़ाली करना): remove
Synonyms: clear, move out
Several families were evacuated from their home.
2. DEFER (VERB): (योग्यता स्वीकार करना): yield
Synonyms: submit, give way
Antonyms: stand up to
He deferred to Teresa's superior knowledge.
3. CONUNDRUM (NOUN): (समस्या): problem
Synonyms: difficult, quandary
One of the most difficult conundrums for the experts.
4. CONSUMMATE (ADJECTIVE): (उत्तम): perfect
Synonyms: exemplary, supreme
She dressed with consummate elegance.
5. HURL (VERB): (वेग से फेंकना): throw
Synonyms: toss, fling
Rioters hurled a brick through the windscreen.
6. MAVERICK (NOUN): (व्यक्तिवादी): individualist
Synonyms: nonconformist, free spirit
He's the maverick of the senate.
7. APPOSITE (ADJECTIVE): (उचित): inappropriate
Synonyms: pertinent, applicable
He stated an apposite quotation.
8. REBUT (VERB): (खंडन करना): refute
Synonyms: deny, disprove
He had to rebut charges of acting for the convenience of his political friends.
9. CITE (NOUN): (उद्धरण देना): quote
Synonyms: reproduce, mention
Authors who are highly regarded by their peers tend to be cited.
10. FLAK (NOUN): (आलोचना): criticism
Synonyms: censure, disapproval
You must be strong enough to take the flak if things go wrong.