1. MERE (ADJECTIVE): (एकमात्र): trifling
Synonyms: meagre, bare
Example Sentence: Many questions cannot be answered by mere mortals.
2. SPAWN (VERB): (उत्पन्न करना): give rise to
Synonyms: occasion, generate
Antonyms: destroy, kill
Example Sentence: The decade spawned a bewildering variety of books on the forces.
3. FOSTER (VERB): (प्रोत्साहन देना): encourage
Synonyms: promote, further
Example Sentence: The teacher's task is to foster learning not fear.
4. EXEMPTION (NOUN): (छूट): immunity
Synonyms: exception, dispensation
Example Sentence: Vehicles that qualify for exemption from tax would be sold out sooner.
5. DISCRETIONARY (ADJECTIVE): (ऐच्छिक): optional
Synonyms: non-compulsory, voluntary
There has been an increase in year-end discretionary bonuses.
6. CONTEMPT (NOUN): (अपमान): scorn
Synonyms: disdain, disrespect
Example Sentence: He was meant to be punished for his contempt.
7. COMBAT (NOUN): (युद्ध): battle
Synonyms: fighting action
Example Sentence: They lost badly in a combat.
8. PREJUDICED (ADJECTIVE): (पक्षपातपूर्ण): biased Synonyms: bbigote discriminatory
Example Sentence: People are prejudiced against us.
9. ZEALOUS (ADJECTIVE): (उत्साही): fervent
Synonyms: ardent, fervid
Example Sentence: I was extremely zealous to finally see him.
10. EXPEDITE (VERB): (जल्दी करना): speed up
Synonyms: accelerate, hurry
Example Sentence: He promised to expedite economic reforms.